About Mike Noble

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Mike Noble has created 160 blog entries.

Picnic in the Park 30th August – save the date!

With most Lockdown restrictions now lifted, the Parish Council are going full steam ahead for this years Picnic in the Park!

The event will take place on Bank Holiday Monday, 30th August, from 12.30pm until 4.30pm. There will be live music in The Roundhouse, Ice-creams, refreshments from the Scouts, a Dog Show and more! All residents are welcome, just come along with your picnic and enjoy!

We’re just finalising a few more details, so watch this space for news nearer the day, but for now, save the date!

Picnic in the Park 30th August – save the date!2021-07-19T10:58:01+01:00

Green Volunteers in July, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

The ever energic Midhurst Volunteers are back in the village for the next 3 Saturdays, starting on the 17th July and as ever WE NEED YOUR HELP.

The task for the 17th is to cut back over hanging branches and tidy up Wheelbarrow Castle. We know this path is walked so often by so many villagers, en-route to the Park, going to school, the shop or the pub. So if you are one of the many who will appreciate a wider path and nicer walk, please come along to lend a hand! Meeting on the corner of Cowdray Road and Wheelbarrow Castle from 8.30am until 10am.

The following 2 Saturdays are to clear the upper section of High Path and the path from Hollist Lane to Budgenor Lodge – again, both well used routes. On these days the group will meet on the corner of Hollist Lane at 8.30 until 10am.

Please try to spare an hour to come along and help. As we’ve said before, this work would simply not happen without the volunteer team, many of whom don’t even live in Easebourne! It’s a fun and active way to start your weekend and your chance to do something really good for your community.

You don’t need to be an experienced gardener or bring your own tools. Everything is provided. Please show them some support and come along to lend a hand! 

Green Volunteers in July, WE NEED YOUR HELP!2021-07-12T12:05:45+01:00

Latest Covid-19 advice from West Sussex County Council

Covid-19 pandemic ‘not over yet’

wash handsCovid-19 hasn’t gone away and the pandemic is not over yet. Please continue to follow the hands, face, space, fresh air guidance to help keep West Sussex safe.

That’s the message from Public Health leaders in West Sussex following the Prime Minister’s announcement this week about plans to lift restrictions on 19 July when we move to step 4 of the government’s roadmap.

Alison Challenger, Director of Public Health for West Sussex, said: “Covid-19 hasn’t gone away just yet. Infection rates in West Sussex remain lower than in many parts of the country but have been rising steadily since mid-May in line with the national trend. At the end of June, we saw just under 1,200 new cases in the space of a week.

“At the same time, the vaccination programme is continuing at a tremendous rate, with more than 622,000 people in West Sussex having now received at least one dose. That’s around 83% of our population.

“I ask that everyone continues to play their part in protecting their friends, family, colleagues and communities in West Sussex over the next few weeks. People are reminded to follow the sensible hands, face, space and fresh air measures, booking and attending both your vaccination appointments as soon as possible, and getting tested regularly and isolating if you test positive.

“The coronavirus pandemic has had such a huge impact on our lives in so many ways that it’s understandable many of us will want to return to life without restrictions. Vaccinations are the key to bolstering our protection, reducing the severity of the virus and helping us to find a way of living with it.”

Councillor Bob Lanzer, West Sussex County Council cabinet lead for Public Health said: “The Prime Minister’s announcement gives us cautious hope that the restrictions on our lives will soon be lifted.

“He also made clear, however, that the pandemic is not yet over and that as we open up further there will be a greater emphasis on personal responsibility.

“This means that while the health protection measures will no longer be mandatory, the hands, face, space and fresh air guidance will still be sensible and proportionate measures that we can all follow to manage and help reduce the risk to ourselves and each other.

“Above all, please do make sure you book and attend both your vaccination appointments as soon as possible. It’s the best defence against the virus and the means by which we will be able to get back fully to doing the things we love.”

Find information on our website about vaccinations and how to book them.

Details of how you can get free Covid-19 testing kits are available on our website. They can be ordered to be delivered direct to your home or picked up from collection points across West Sussex.

Our website also contains details of help and support available to people who have been affected by Covid-19.

Confirmation of the lifting of restrictions is expected on 12 July, following a review of the latest data.

Latest Covid-19 advice from West Sussex County Council2021-07-08T10:41:03+01:00

Tomorrow, Wheelbarrow Castle, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

The amazing Midhurst Volunteers are back in Easebourne tomorrow, Saturday 19th June, once again tackling Wheelbarrow Castle! This often used route will be getting a trim, a tidy and a sweep.. and we’d love some extra pairs of hands.

Meeting in the school carpark, come along from 8am until around 10am. All equipment provided but please bring your own gloves. The forecast is for good weather and the team will be spread along the path, working at appropriate distances from each other.

The team are back in the village again on Tuesday 22nd to tackle the upper part of High Path – so if you can’t make it tomorrow, please try to join on Tuesday – better still, come along to both!

We’re incredibly lucky that this dedicated team of volunteers, most of whom don’t even live in the village, come back time and time again to make where we live a cleaner, tidier place. Please show them some support and come along to lend a hand – it’s a very productive and rewarding way to start your weekend! 

Tomorrow, Wheelbarrow Castle, WE NEED YOUR HELP!2021-06-18T18:02:34+01:00

Annual Village Meeting 27th May

This year, due to the ongoing Pandemic, the Annual Village Meeting will take place in Easebourne Park, within The Roundhouse.

It’s your chance to come along and meet some of your Councillors and our Parish Clerk, and talk about what’s important to you within the Parish.

Representatives from the Parish Council will be available between 5pm and 7pm on Thursday 27th May 2021.

Annual Village Meeting 27th May2021-05-19T18:31:27+01:00

Public consultation for 3 development sites closes on 30th April

Please note, this consultation closes on Friday 30th April at midnight. Hard copies of the proposals are now available by emailing parishclerk@easebourne.org.

Metis Homes is inviting the local community to view and comment on its emerging planning proposals for three allocated development sites in Easebourne as part of an online public consultation.

The public consultation provides more information on Metis Homes’ plans for land at Cowdray Works Yard, land at Egmont Road and the Former Primary School, all of which have been allocated for development in the adopted South Downs Local Plan.

The proposals would see the three sites developed in accordance with the relevant Local Plan policies to deliver a series of up to 20 bespoke residential properties on each site and to make provision for an element of commercial development on the Cowdray Works Yard site.

The online public consultation will run from today, Friday 16th April until Friday 30th April 2021 and can be accessed via the project’s dedicated website, www.easebourne.consultationonline.co.uk, where feedback can also be submitted. This site also includes details of potential timelines for the next stages of evaluating feedback, submitting full planning applications and target start dates for development.

If you have any questions, or wish for a hard copy of the consultation materials to be sent to your address, you can contact Metis Homes’ consultants (BECG) on 0800 298 7040 or email feedback@consultation-online.co.uk.

Public consultation for 3 development sites closes on 30th April2021-04-28T12:56:55+01:00

This Saturday, High Path, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

The amazing Midhurst Volunteers are back in Easebourne this coming Saturday, 24th April, once again tackling the infamous High Path! This often used route to Midhurst will be getting a trim, a tidy and a sweep.. and we’d love some extra pairs of hands.

Meeting at the Northern end, at the entrance to the Rother sports field, come along from 8am until around 10am. All equipment provided but please bring your own gloves. The forecast is for good weather and the team will be spread along the path, working at appropriate distances from each other.

We’re incredibly lucky that this dedicated team of volunteers, most of whom don’t even live in the village, come back time and time again to make where we live a cleaner, tidier place. Please show them some support and come along to lend a hand – it’s a very productive and rewarding way to start your weekend! 

This Saturday, High Path, WE NEED YOUR HELP!2021-04-21T16:53:05+01:00

King Edward VII consultation

Another public consultation is now live, this time for 2 existing sites within the King Edward VII development, Kings Green East and Superintendents Drive.

The proposal is for later living residences and to bring the Chapel into use as a restaurant. Full details can be view on the following link:

https://www.elysiansouthdowns.com

The consultation is live until midnight on Tuesday 27th April. Click on the green circles to view more information and scan left and right to move 360 degrees around the room. You can also book one-to-one Zoom sessions with the teams involved on Thursday this week – please use the contact details on the landing page of the above website.

If you have any comments or concerns about the proposals please submit them using the online forms.

King Edward VII consultation2021-04-20T08:22:05+01:00

Public consultation launches for 3 development sites

Metis Homes is inviting the local community to view and comment on its emerging planning proposals for three allocated development sites in Easebourne as part of an online public consultation.

The public consultation provides more information on Metis Homes’ plans for land at Cowdray Works Yard, land at Egmont Road and the Former Primary School, all of which have been allocated for development in the adopted South Downs Local Plan.

The proposals would see the three sites developed in accordance with the relevant Local Plan policies to deliver a series of up to 20 bespoke residential properties on each site and to make provision for an element of commercial development on the Cowdray Works Yard site.

The online public consultation will run from today, Friday 16th April until Friday 30th April 2021 and can be accessed via the project’s dedicated website, www.easebourne.consultationonline.co.uk, where feedback can also be submitted. This site also includes details of potential timelines for the next stages of evaluating feedback, submitting full planning applications and target start dates for development.

If you have any questions, or wish for a hard copy of the consultation materials to be sent to your address, you can contact Metis Homes’ consultants (BECG) on 0800 298 7040 or email feedback@consultation-online.co.uk.

Public consultation launches for 3 development sites2021-04-20T08:26:19+01:00

Easebourne Park Anti-Social Behaviour vandalism – Friday 19 March 2021

Many parishioners will be aware of a rather unpleasant incident in Easebourne Park during the evening hours of Friday 19th and early hours of Sat 20th March, from reading social media and main-line press articles.

The event. From about 9PM onwards, a group of up to 30 youths gathered in the Park, centred upon The Roundhouse, and in clear contravention of C-19 laws. Members of this very noisy gathering upended a large charity clothes bank container, forced the door and threw the clothes all over the car-park and the Park. Four 4–5-year-old trees, which had been nurtured by volunteers for the past 3 years, were destroyed or severely damaged. One of the metal litter bins was repeatedly kicked, and badly damaged. Broken glass from spirit bottles and much other drinking-related litter left around children’s play equipment. Finally, some had chosen to urinate over several pieces of play equipment.  When approached by a local parent, concerned about the anti-social noise and C-19 defiant gathering of so many, some of the group hurled aggressive abuse and displayed overt hostility. The police were called several times by residents and later attended when operational priorities allowed.

The immediate local response. Early on Saturday morning a group of volunteers, socially distanced, cleared up the broken glass (before the Park was used by children), cleared up the rubbish, washed down the play equipment and righted the charity clothes-gathering container and replaced the clothes. It was no small effort. The police were informed and a crime number obtained, the local Trading Standards team consulted about possible underage sale of alcohol to youths (supermarket carrier bags seen carrying heavy loads to the Park and empty supermarket vodka bottles smashed on-site) and Paul Thompson, Director of Welfare, Midhurst Rother College has been informed. The local press helpfully ran a story about the communities’ disgust at the behaviour of these destructive and disrespectful youths, on Monday 22 March.

The future?  The CCTV system has now been enhanced to enable instant access, existing security patrols by Protec have been stepped up.  The Neighbourhood Youth Police Officer, PC Dave Phillips is gathering evidence and is liaising with MRC. Physical Police patrols by Chichester Police will continue. Additionally, the Cowdray Estate has very kindly offered to involve its security team with regular patrols. A WhatsApp group of concerned local residents has also been formed, Easebourne Park Watch, to help with seeking solutions to prevent a repeat occurrence. Very generously, Aylings Garden Centre has offered to replace the damaged trees, for which we are all very grateful.

If anybody has any information pertaining to this incident and/or to report any future anti-social behaviour observed in Easebourne Park, please ring one of the following Numbers:

  • Chichester Police, 101 or in an emergency, 999.
  • PC Dave Phillips, Neighbourhood Youth Officer, 07776 490067.
  • Protec Security, 07795 203248.
  • Cowdray Security Team, 07730 096270.
  • Clerk to Easebourne Parish Council, 07342 166188.
  • Paul Thompson, Director of Welfare, MRC, via 01730 812451.
Easebourne Park Anti-Social Behaviour vandalism – Friday 19 March 20212021-03-28T18:45:56+01:00
Go to Top