New Signalised Pedestrian Crossing
Work is due to commence soon at Dodsley Lane, Easebourne on 23rd October 2017 and is expected to take three to four weeks to complete.
This project will include;
- Installation of new signal controlled Puffin style pedestrian crossing and equipment and crossing associated road markings.
- Inclusion of pedestrian beepers and rotating tactile devices to aid those with visual impairments to cross safely.
- Installation of new dropped kerbing and blistered paving. The crossing will be 2.4m wide and include four poles with signal heads.
- Carriageway resurfacing to approximately 50 metres on the north and south side of the crossing.
- Traffic Management will be used during the duration of the works.
Hours of work will generally be between 7am and 5pm.
Before the works start, advance warning signs we will erected in the local area.
In order to protect the workforce and the public, traffic management will be used during the duration of the works with temporary traffic lights employed whilst the carriageway is excavated.