There is #NoExcuseForAbuse – support for victims of domestic abuse now available 7 days a week
As a result, enhancements have been made to services, support and provisions to ensure they’re able to meet this new level of demand whilst the country is in lockdown.
With this additional support, the WORTH service is now available seven days a week to support anyone who needs help:
- Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm on 0330 222 8181
- Weekends including Bank Holidays, 9am-5pm on 07834 968539
- Local support for people being abused
- Things you can do if you’re in an abusive relationship
- The signs of an abusive relationship
- Information for friends and family of people being abused
- National support for people who are experiencing abuse
“It is also really important to remember that domestic abuse doesn’t see gender, race, sexual orientation or ethnicity. It can happen to anyone at any time and in these strange times that we find ourselves in, I want to say loud and clear that there is #NoExcuseForAbuse.”
A male survivor of domestic abuse, who received support from WORTH services, said: “Domestic abuse happens to men – I know, because it happened to me. The first person I spoke to at WORTH was a man and that actually helped me to feel less awkward about the situation, I was believed. Men need to know that if they are going through domestic abuse, they can get help, and that there is nothing to feel embarrassed about.”
If you or someone you know needs any help or support, you can visit www.westsussex.gov.uk/domesticabuse or call the WORTH Domestic Abuse Service directly.