The phased roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccination programme is continuing across Sussex.
As the NHS rolls out vaccines, we’d like to remind people of 3 things:
- The NHS will contact you when it’s your turn, so please do not contact them beforehand.
- Please act on your invite when it comes.
- Remember Hands, Face, Space. It will save lives and help the NHS.
In Sussex, the vaccine is currently available from three ‘hospital hub’ sites and from 15 GP-led local vaccination services, covering 56 practices, with many more due to start offering the vaccine over the coming weeks.
The vaccination programme will continue to expand in Sussex over the coming weeks and months as more vaccine becomes available.
Be aware of COVID-19 vaccination scams. To protect yourself and your family members from fraud and criminals, remember the following points:
- The NHS will never ask you to press a button on your keypad or send a text to confirm you want the vaccine, and never ask for payment or for your bank details.
- The NHS is currently not making house calls to deliver or discuss the vaccine.
If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up. If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040. Where the victim is vulnerable, report it to Sussex Police online or by calling 101.