What is Green Dog Walkers®?
Green Dog Walkers® is an original scheme adopted by over 40 councils across the country, to include Chichester District Council. Members of Easebourne Parish Council have joined this scheme as it offers a proven, non-confrontational and friendly way to change attitudes about dog fouling and encourages responsible dog ownership. This is part of the campaign by Easebourne Parish Council to address dog fouling in Easebourne Park.
Most importantly, the Green Dog Walkers® scheme acts as a reminder to others that they need to pick up after their dog has fouled and keep them under control.
What does it mean to become a Green Dog Walker?
Green Dog Walkers® sign a pledge to:
- always clean up after their dog;
- dispose of the bag responsibly;
- carry extra dog waste bags;
- gladly give a bag to those without one; and
- be a friendly reminder to other dog walkers to clean up after their dogs.
In return, they receive one of the enamel Green Dog Walkers® badges to display on their coat or dog lead, a car window sticker and a leaflet about the Chichester District Council campaign.
Green Dog Walkers® are role models for responsible dog ownership. As well as ensuring that they clean up after their dogs, they:
- ensure their dog is microchipped;
- keep their dog under control at all times; and,
- stay safe around farm animals and ground nesting birds.
Green Dog Walkers® is part of the next phase of Chichester District Council’s Against Litter campaign. For more information email email@example.com, phone 01243 785166, or visit our Against Litter campaign.
The Green Dog Walkers® pledge
I volunteer to take part in the campaign as follows:
1. I will wear the badge as often as possible when walking my dog.
2. I will clean up after my dog and dispose of the bag responsibly.
3. When others walk my dog I will encourage them to clean up after my dog.
4. I understand that wearing the badge indicates that I carry extra doggie bags to distribute if requested.
5. I will always be friendly and courteous when talking to dog walkers about dog fouling. I fully understand that Green Dog Walkers® is intended to be a non-confrontational and friendly campaign to change attitudes about dog fouling.
6. I will always have my dog near to me or within easy recall and be aware of the wildlife. Where there is livestock, I will keep my dog on a lead.
7. I will always follow advice on local signs to reduce disturbance to
plants, animals and children.
Sign up to become a Green Dog WalkerSimply go to www.chichester.gov.uk/greendogwalkers and sign up.